Safety Monitoring - Opioid Prescriptions Meeting NH DHHS Morphine Equivalent Dosage Prior Authorization Compliance
Percent of opioid prescription fills that were prior authorized to meet the NH DHHS Morphine Equivalent Doses (MED) Prior Authorization policy in effect for the measurement period, including members with cancer or other terminal illnesses.
MED Levels and the associated measurement periods:
- 200 mg MED: Quarter 1 and 2, 2016
- 120 mg MED: Quarter 3, 2016
- 100 mg MED: Quarter 4, 2016 and forward
- All prescriptions should be included in the denominator. Do NOT exclude prescriptions that do not require a prior authorization.
- During CY 2016, DHHS did not require MCOs to reauthorize existing prior authorizations where the prior authorization end date went beyond the transition date for lower MED levels. MCOs grandfathered existing prior authorizations until they expired, at which point any new prior authorizations became subject to the prior authorization policy in effect at that time.
Measure Identifier: PHARMQI.09
Please see Report Details below for more information on selected subgroups, organizations, and aggregation.