Inpatient Hospital Utilization - Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions
Inpatient hospital utilization for ambulatory care sensitive conditions per 1,000 adult member months, by subpopulation.
This measure includes the following ambulatory care sensitive conditions, as defined for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Prevention Quality Indicators Overall Composite (PQI 90):
- Diabetes Short-Term Complications (PQI #1)
- Diabetes Long-Term Complications (PQI #3)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or Asthma in Older Adults (PQI #5)
- Hypertension (PQI #7)
- Heart Failure (PQI #8)
- Dehydration (PQI #10)
- Bacterial Pneumonia (PQI #11)
- Urinary Tract Infection (PQI #12)
- Uncontrolled Diabetes (PQI #14)
- Asthma in Younger Adults (PQI #15)
- Lower-Extremity Amputation among Patients with Diabetes (PQI #16)
Measure Identifier: INPASC.04
Please see Report Details below for more information on selected subgroups, organizations, and aggregation.